About Dr. Mika SmithMika is a therapist with over 15 years experience working with children, adolescents and young adults. This broad experience has allowed her to gain an in-depth understanding - both practical and theoretical - in assisting families and individuals to improve their levels of communication, relationships, and behavior. A trusting therapeutic relationship is key to good outcomes and continuity of care.
Mika’s credentials include:
- Licensed Clinical Professional (USA and Israel)
- Doctorate in Behavioral Health
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Extensive experience counseling English-speaking populations in Israel and United States.
Helping Aspiring Young Adults and MillennialsMika specializes in working with adolescents and emerging young adults (also called “in-betweeners”) to:
- Improve relationships and coping mechanisms
- Ease adjustments to Israel’s culture and education system
- Relieve stress and tension about army service and national service
- Cope with personal anxiety issues and mental health distress
- Gap year challenges